• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Unbelievable garage sale find

meatball

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 6, 2009
hey folks, 

It has been a while since I've posted anything - I got a new job at the end of last summer and it's eating up all my time, but I'm not complaining. Love the job and I've still been cooking and checking out the site when I have time, just haven't had time to participate as much. Hopefully that will be changing now that I'm more adjusted to this full time job life. 

Anywho, I thought I'd share an incredible garage sale find that I got lucky on this morning - a Weber Silver 18.5" charcoal grill, unused and still in the box. In fact, the box had never been opened!! Best part - price: $20! I didn't argue with the two nice ladies about the asking price 
So, got it home and put together already and the family has requested burgers. I've been looking for a used, cheap Weber charcoal for more than a year (getting a used one was the only way I could justify the purchase to the old lady, who thinks my arsenal of cooking implements is getting ridiculous). As luck would have it I found a new cheap one! Luckily it's a beautiful day for grilling in the sunshine state!

Last edited:

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Wow $20. Heck of a deal. Those Weber's last for years.

the dude abides

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 12, 2008
Great score!  Good to hear from you again.  Can't wait to see you pull off your first low and slow on that Weber.

ellymae

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 21, 2009
That's an awesome find! Congrats.

meatball

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 6, 2009
Yeah, I was pretty psyched with the deal I got...
Great score!  Good to hear from you again.  Can't wait to see you pull off your first low and slow on that Weber.
Thanks Dude, good to hear from you too. I'll be around a lot more now. I got some sausage-making equipment over the winter and have been reading the sausage threads religiously. First time I try the low and slow on the Weber I'll be sure to get some pics. And of course, I'll be sure to show you my sausage 

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Wait a minute---were you wearing a ski mask?

What a steal!

Bear

venture

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 1, 2008
How could you do that to those nice ladies?  I used one of those for years.  In some ways, I liked it better than the 22.5, particularly in that it used a lot less fuel for small grilling projects.

kjlued

Smoke Blower
Joined Mar 4, 2011
Funny how a wife will think you cooking arsenol is gettin too big but will alwasy welcome you doing the cooking.

Thank God I am not married and I can buy what I want when I want and I am the only one that determines if I need and can afford it. lol

Anyways, great find.

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
LOL... nice deal! Mine was almost as good, I paid $25 for mine and the family had moved it all the way from Sweden with them! Still looked near new!

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.