Umai Spanish Chorizo Troubleshooting

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Once I pulled out the slicer and cut it thin everyone really liked it. My scale only goes to one decimal place which made me nervous measuring out the cure and the starter. After making the chorizo I bought another scale with 2 decimal places. Funny enough all the scales on Amazon with that level of accuracy were being marketed to drug dealers. Pictures were all weighing marijuana.
Nobody buys marijuana in grams at 2 decimal places... so I have heard...

Last edited:
Looks normal to me.

tip: if you open your fridge 2-3 times daily they will dry faster.
After the UMAi store your product in a brown paper bag in your pantry for however long it takes you to eat it. Will keep in the fridge for years. My longest was 3 years and still great

If you truss and hang your salumi it will give your kitchen that old world look...lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky