UMAI BAGS FOR MKFGTS1.......

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ritchierich

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 15, 2014
Chelsea MI
Hey don't give up. They work great. I did this New York strip last month. A choice 43.00$ from our local meat market. It was done last month here in MI. In my garage fridge. There is no heat or insulation. 29 days on the bottom rack. Stayed 35-39 deg. Normal opening and shutting the door(mostly for beer) haha. 

They turned out awesome!! And please post pics no matter if its a great smoke or a fail! Its helps to really know whats going on...They are a lot of eyes and views that will be helping you out! 

Thanks Ritchie

That's some nice looking meat!
I've done Pancetta & Cappicola in the UMAi bags and like it. What is the advantage in dry curing steak? Texture? Taste? I've read about it but always wondered. Do you cook it differently?

Dan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky