Ugly Wrapped Pork Loin 4-3-11.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

garyinmd

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2011
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Finally getting around to posting the pork loin from a couple of weeks ago.  I looked at a lot of posts on the site and decided to wrap them in bacon to keep them moist, problem not enough bacon and 1st try at a wrap, boy are they ugly, oh well.

Below is the volunteer for the day

603e0e56_DSC00956.jpg

Couple of pic's of the ugly bacon wrap, the weave looked ok on the counter until I started to roll the loin, I could

tell right away it was screwed up.

01d69ddd_DSC00957.jpg

b9ddc6c0_DSC00958.jpg

In the smoker at 220 deg

ca76f7f0_DSC00960.jpg

Left in MES for 3 hours, pulled at 150 deg and put on the grill.  I wanted the bacon cooked a little more and figured

it would finish to 160 over the coals.

ffdbfa41_DSC00965.jpg

e9ebcab9_DSC00969.jpg

I was very surprised at how moist the were, it does not show up in the following pictures.  Next I will bring the temps

up more before putting on the grill, other than that everyone thought they were great.

38b6fdea_DSC00984.jpg

70f1a728_DSC00987.jpg

cb6ebc8d_DSC00991.jpg

3cf7649f_DSC00995.jpg

Thanks for look-in, I will make sure I have enough bacon next time BEFORE starting and will have to practice the wrap.

Looks good from where I'm sitting! The really important part is how it tasted - and as long as you are happy with it then you have a booming success on your hands.

Ditto, it looks like a success to me. The bacon weave is pretty simple once you learn how. There are several tutorials on here to teach you.

Looks like a great meal to me...it's not how great it looks going on the smoker..it's how it tastes on your plate. They look excellent sliced up to be served.
icon14.gif

Last edited:
Thanks eveyone, Ellymae just looked at your post today, someday I will be able to make a weave like that.  SmokinAl, funny thing my laptop was probably 10 steps away and linked to this site I was just too lazy to go look.  Oh well.

The first time I did a bacon weave I really had to think about it - you wouldn't think it would be that hard but it had me stumped for a few minutes - once you "get it" you have it.

What I am struggling with now is how to do a butchers knot for tying up a roast or a chicken etc - that one has me befazzeled. I'll get it... eventually..

Good lord look at the price of that puppy!  That is not a pork loin, it is a tenderloin!  Bacon weave is a tricky thing until you get the hang of it.  Cook that just a little less, and you will be in heaven!  Hang in there, you are on your way!

Good luck and good smoking.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky