UDS tips and unique ideas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ha. Nah, it's not an exhaust fan, it's an attachment that hooks to the pipe coming out of the bung and runs approximately 12 feet vertically to the roofline with a rain cap. I'm just wondering if the breeze at the roof level is causing that much draft. We shall see I guess.

20190119_092205.jpg

20190120_164837.jpg

Edit: Before someone says something ive since lowered the height of the cart holding the MES to eliminate that horizontal run you see in the exhaust.

That was just a concept picture :-)

Just say'in?

That is ridiculous, you can buy a whole pellet smoker for that price.
The best thing about a UDS is their simplicity and the ability to be used anywhere without the need of power. It amazes me at some of the so called improvements/mods that some people come up with on these things. We use to make them using a pick ax to punch a few breather holes two pieces of rebar for hanging rods or grill supports. About as fancy as we would get is three bricks and a piece of expanded metal to hold the coals off the bottom. We'd either use the metal lid if we had it or old oil drip pan slide off to the side for venting or even a piece of plywood if thats all we had. If the temp's were getting to hot we'd find a stick to shove into one or two of the breather holes. I guess some people just aren't happy with simple and need to try to reinvent the OG DS simplicity.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky