• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

UDS on steroids

cmwr

Fire Starter
Joined Sep 2, 2012
I am contemplating making a UDS out of a 120 gallon propane tank if I can find one affordable enough. Can anyone tell me how much one of those weighs empty? I still want to be able to lift it in the back of a truck to take places like I currently do for tailgating parties ect. I know it will weigh a bit more than a barrel but how much we talking? I am seeing reports on google searches saying those things are over 200 lbs. Yikes!

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
The one that we have weighs 260# empty. Better put wheels on it and a crane on your truck!

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
Mount it to a trailer.

foamheart

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 4, 2013
Weld it on as a front bumper. Better traction and steering in the ice and snow as well as a mean cooking machine! Besides it will hold your front end down when you punch it hard coming out the hole.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.