U.S.P.S. is is taking there tracking software into the future

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yeah, Amazon info is pretty useless lately.

Here is latest in my current saga.
In 4 days the package move a few miles, twice.

The bottom one was the Tuesday future message.
View attachment 680779 I recently noticed a USPS discussion here and it got me thinking about how technology impacts our daily lives. Speaking of accomplishments, have you guys looked into real estate tokenization? I came across this interesting blog about how companies are using it. You can click here to find out more detailed information. It's interesting to see how different industries are adapting to the future - it reminds me of the evolution of the USPS tracking system. What do you think about the intersection of technology and traditional services?
Agree with you!

Last edited:
Tuesday morning, Nov 7 at 8:30AM, I went to the USPS site to track a package.
On the page it said that the tracking software would be down for maintenance upgrade on Wednesday Nov 8.
Since today was Tuesday, I should be OK, so I entered my tracking number.

Apparently a secret beta version of the software was already installed and showing you where and when your package "will be".
View attachment 680722

Unfortunately, the new software apparently had problems and was removed.
Back to same old software, where this being Friday, still shows same status as Tuesday.
Amazon has been sucking balls lately too. they lost my honey filter funnel. took a week to refund.

I dropped Amazon Prime last September, I think it was.

And I've really not missed it. I'm willing to wait a little longer for delivery. Maybe a time or two I'd like to have had that one day delivery for one item. But part of the reason for dropping Prime, is that one day delivery did not always happen.

I'm spending a lot less money at Amazon, about half we used to spend. We may be spending the same overall, we're just finding other sources. Walmart is getting better and better, not only with delivery but with competitive pricing.

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
I dropped Amazon Prime last September, I think it was.

And I've really not missed it. I'm willing to wait a little longer for delivery. Maybe a time or two I'd like to have had that one day delivery for one item. But part of the reason for dropping Prime, is that one day delivery did not always happen.

I'm spending a lot less money at Amazon, about half we used to spend. We may be spending the same overall, we're just finding other sources. Walmart is getting better and better, not only with delivery but with competitive pricing.
Lots of truth in this comment...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky