U.S.P.S. is is taking there tracking software into the future

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

02ebz06

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 1, 2012
Rio Rancho, NM
Tuesday morning, Nov 7 at 8:30AM, I went to the USPS site to track a package.
On the page it said that the tracking software would be down for maintenance upgrade on Wednesday Nov 8.
Since today was Tuesday, I should be OK, so I entered my tracking number.

Apparently a secret beta version of the software was already installed and showing you where and when your package "will be".
screenhunter_302.jpg

Unfortunately, the new software apparently had problems and was removed.
Back to same old software, where this being Friday, still shows same status as Tuesday.

Reactions: JLeonard
I only problem with USPS tracking is it did not tell me who the shipper was. Between my orders and my wife's orders, sometimes we don't know which is which.

Just a couple weeks ago I had an order with ThermoWorks.
USPS lost the order so they reshipped by Fedex.
Shipping has really gone in the toilet in the last year.
Tracking along with it.

Reactions: chopsaw
USPS has a feature you can sign up for called Informed Delivery. Each morning you get an email with a scan of the mail that is out for delivery to your house.

Reactions: jcam222
USPS has a feature you can sign up for called Informed Delivery. Each morning you get an email with a scan of the mail that is out for delivery to your house.
I have that. Once in a while it will say "coming soon" as well.
No more that a couple days out though.

I had 2 different packages with USPS.
1 from Las Vegas and 1 from Texas, both showed up before the date told . and both were passed off to Canada Post .
I really can't believe I received both and before the right date. And with good tracking

So for today ( this week ) I have no bad words for either of them. Give it a day or so.

On my way to buy some lotto tickets, lol

David

Reactions: 02ebz06
That summary and when delivery was/is active for a shipment last week and on I’m tracking now for me….way better than ups or Amazon right now. It shocked me when I saw this….

I can understand some things that go on with the mail... used to deliver part time and it's very easy to get the wrong mail to wrong people sometimes. Definitely feel with the employees that are out in every type of weather there is... not fun.
But on the other hand, it is ran by the government so first order of business... throw common sense out the window... second order of business... we can now start making decisions with that darn common sense out of the way!

Ryan

I can understand some things that go on with the mail... used to deliver part time and it's very easy to get the wrong mail to wrong people sometimes. Definitely feel with the employees that are out in every type of weather there is... not fun.
But on the other hand, it is ran by the government so first order of business... throw common sense out the window... second order of business... we can now start making decisions with that darn common sense out of the way!

Ryan
That makes too much sense!

What's wrong with driving 50 mph down a gravel road sitting in the passenger seat of the car lol? And you can always tell a rural mail carrier... right arm has darker tan than left arm!

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
USPS:
Item picked up by carrier.
-------
-------
-------
Item was expected to arrive yesterday.

Amazon lately:

Item arrived at a carrier
Item left carrier

Item left carrier

Item left carrier

Item Delivered to your front porch.

Fedex:

Item arrived at Carrier Facility
City in, CA

Item left carrier Facility
City in, CA

Item arrived at Carrier Facility
City2 in, CA

Item left carrier Facility
City2 in, CA

Item was Delivered, Set behind post by front door.

Yeah, Amazon info is pretty useless lately.

Here is latest in my current saga.
In 4 days the package move a few miles, twice.

The bottom one was the Tuesday future message.
1699713646968.png

Tuesday morning, Nov 7 at 8:30AM, I went to the USPS site to track a package.
On the page it said that the tracking software would be down for maintenance upgrade on Wednesday Nov 8.
Since today was Tuesday, I should be OK, so I entered my tracking number.

Apparently a secret beta version of the software was already installed and showing you where and when your package "will be".
View attachment 680722

Unfortunately, the new software apparently had problems and was removed.
Back to same old software, where this being Friday, still shows same status as Tuesday.
Such problems in software happen quite often, unfortunately.

USPS App sucks compared to UPS. Even FedEx has upped the app product. I can see who its shipped to (me or the wife) and all the details on size weight, tracking etc. and I only need to open the app. USPS make you open the app, select informed delivery, enter name & password then you see whats coming. 1980’s level tech.😖

Reactions: JLeonard
USPS App sucks compared to UPS. Even FedEx has upped the app product. I can see who its shipped to (me or the wife) and all the details on size weight, tracking etc. and I only need to open the app. USPS make you open the app, select informed delivery, enter name & password then you see whats coming. 1980’s level tech.😖
Like Ryan said a few posts back....The USPS is government run. When/if it becomes privatized the service may get better. Until then we must suffer under the bureaucracy that is the US Government.

Jim

Reactions: sandyut
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky