My Govee saga...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

02ebz06

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 1, 2012
Rio Rancho, NM
So after seeing the discussion about the Govee in another threat, I decided to take the leap.

Here is the timeline:

Monday
Went to web site. Saw a 3-pak that seemed like a good way to go, but was out of stock.
Sent message to Govee asking if there was an ETA for it being back in stock.

Tuesday
Back on the web site it showed back in stock, so I ordered the 3-pak.

Wednesday
Got a response from the message I sent Monday:
"Thank you for contacting Govee Customer Support.
Now only have a 2-pack in sale, the 3-pack are not planed, we will revert you once have.
Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C39TSV2W
Please feel free to contact us if you need any assistance."

Not sure where their customer service is but not the most straightforward answer.
Apparently they don't check their web site before responding.
The link was for the 2-Pak on Amazon.
The 3-Pak was only $10 more than the 2-Pak, so was a good deal.
Also, wasn't any special packaging for the 3. Just three individual boxes in a bigger box.
Wouldn't think it would ever be out of stock as long as they had individuals in stock.

Thursday
Package arrived - short trip CA to NM.
Proceeded to get them set up.
Serial #'s are not in the configuration anyplace, so from the app I saw no way to tell which was which.

Anyhoo, after all that they are up and running and I have a spare.

I put one in my little dehumidifier refrigerator that I made a DIY dehumidifier with on that is on top of my 42.5cu.ft. drying chamber. I'm using it to do some optimization on the parameters. What is great is that I can match the time stamps between the dH govee and my chamber govees and get a good picture of what is going on.

I just set my Govee monitors up not to long ago. When you set up each device, It gives you the option to rename each unit so you can tell them apart.
I did give them separate names (Curing Chamber & Drying Chamber).
You don't know which is which by looking at them.
Even in the app you can't tell.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky