Had the smoker working overtime this weekend! -with pics!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

K9BIGDOG

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 7, 2017
New York
Every fall we have a big gathering at the old farmhouse in the Catskill mountains in NY. It's pretty much 3 full days of eating and drinking, and just hanging out enjoying the the scenery and camaraderie. We ride ATV's on the mountain, shoot some clays, if we we hold the gathering in springtime there will be trout fishing. At night it's cigars and good bourbon, Irish whiskey or scotch around the firepit. Lots of our homemade wine, too. 🥃🍷Usually about 10-15 guys for the weekend and myself and one of the other guys handle most of the cooking. Each day is a little different, from seafood and pasta, greek gyros, fajitas, fried venison cutlets, steaks, homemade pizza, grilled hotdogs loaded down with whatever you like. Saturday is usually my big day, and this year it was babybacks, smoked jalapeno poppers, smoked pigshots and my peach whiskey bbq wings. Could not have asked for better weather for the entire weekend and everyone had a great time. :emoji_sunglasses:
IMG_4057.JPEG

IMG_4056.JPEG

IMG_4058.JPEG

IMG_4059.JPEG

That all looks great, the weather was great down here on Long Island. I am sure the foliage was awesome in Catskills.

Food looks fantastic and it sounds like a great time. I haven't been to the Catskills since the 60s. When my parents would take us to the game farm.

Point for sure
Chris

Every fall we have a big gathering at the old farmhouse in the Catskill mountains in NY. It's pretty much 3 full days of eating and drinking, and just hanging out enjoying the the scenery and camaraderie. We ride ATV's on the mountain, shoot some clays, if we we hold the gathering in springtime there will be trout fishing. At night it's cigars and good bourbon, Irish whiskey or scotch around the firepit. Lots of our homemade wine, too. 🥃🍷Usually about 10-15 guys for the weekend and myself and one of the other guys handle most of the cooking. Each day is a little different, from seafood and pasta, greek gyros, fajitas, fried venison cutlets, steaks, homemade pizza, grilled hotdogs loaded down with whatever you like. Saturday is usually my big day, and this year it was babybacks, smoked jalapeno poppers, smoked pigshots and my peach whiskey bbq wings. Could not have asked for better weather for the entire weekend and everyone had a great time. :emoji_sunglasses:
View attachment 647493
View attachment 647494
View attachment 647495
View attachment 647496

Outfkin standing Sir...Thanks for sharing

Sounds like an awesome time and the food looks outstanding

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky