Firehouse Brisket for the Guys...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well, this was the worst of briskets transformed into the best of briskets! NAILED IT! These guys like it heavy on the black pepper. I take the untrimmed weight in grams X 1% for the black pepper. Untrimmed weight X 0.55% for the salt. Perfect....

The Bark:
IMG_20221002_173754.jpg

IMG_20221002_173800.jpg

The slice:
IMG_20221002_191119_01.jpg

IMG_20221002_191123_01.jpg

IMG_20221002_191123_01.jpg

IMG_20221002_191127_01.jpg

IMG_20221002_191129_01.jpg

Perfect..
IMG_20221002_191132_01.jpg

Last edited:
The trussing REALLY helped achieve an even cook with this misshaped cut of meat! I highly recommend is if you get one with a thin flat or a funky cut point.....

Reactions: tallbm
I have been cooking briskets for a long time. Up until I stumbled upon this forum, they were always hit or miss. Not any more! The brisket knowledge here in SMF is legendary! And it has helped me to up my brisket game. The guys at the firehouse sure appreciate it. I have a standing maxim.....If they buy it-I will cook it. This is brisket #4 for the year for the guys....

Reactions: negolien
Excellent looking brisket Keith. Nice Job all around.

Point for sure
Chris

You sure did nail it! Looks amazing Keith!
Thanks Steve! Might be my best ever!

That is a mighty fine looking brisket, Keith. Great work...
Thanks GonnaSmoke! The guys raved over it and were drooling while I sliced it up.

Out freaking standing Sir.

View attachment 645011
Thanks negiolien! It was good...very good! Moist and juicy!

Excellent looking brisket Keith. Nice Job all around.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris! I sure wish that point had not been butchered so badly! I took some pieces and sliced for burnt end finger food appetizer while we took pictures... OMG soooo Goood!!!

Great looking brisket! Nice job!
Thanks CTX! 11 1/2 hour smoke for a 12# brisket... worth it!

Great looking smoke, excellent job! Thinking of doing a brisket soon and this gives me much excitement!! That, and the brisket French dip I had today for a work lunch, at a great small town BBQ joint. Thanks for sharing!!

Reactions: indaswamp
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky