Two Racks of Maple Wood Smoked St Louis Spares, and Breaking in the New Copper Kettle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thunderdome

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Nov 19, 2009
Casa Grande, AZ
About 2 weekends ago I wanted to use the Pitmaster iQue some ribs on the UDS during football. So I picked up 2 racks of pre-trimmed St Louis spares, and got a pack of chicken wings as well. It was time I used my pretty new kettle grill. About 15 whole wings came in the pack, and I trimmed down to wing & drumstick

Filled the fire basket w/ The Good One Lump, and Maple Wood chunks. This is the first time i’ve tried maple btw

2 racks of these for just under $20

The rubs of choice for the day. Half & half.

Lathered w/ maple syrup. Then rub applied & setting up

This is the first time trying out a rib rack I got last xmas

Here’s the wings. Indirect on the new Copper 22.5”. MH & Garlic salt, then tossed in Franks after they browned up. Kingsford comp for heat

Ribs got a light coating of my bbq sauce towards the end.

All turned out well. Gotta pull back on the garlic salt next time on the wings though. The maple wood was great

Sounds and looks awesome and I'm sure tasted even better
thumb1.gif

All looks great !!

Ribs are awesome!!!!

However I've come to expect that when it says "ThunderDome" at the top!!!

Thanks for a great post,

Bear

Those ribs look incredible! Nice job!

Reminds me that my dad has a wonderful maple syrup BBQ recipe that uses a healthy bit of unions. It's sweet, but not too sweet and can be made with some nice heat to them. I'll have to see if I can snag it.

Look Fantastic!

Is your Copper Kettle an old one or anew "Designer Color"?

Todd

icon_cool.gif

The ribs look awesome to me.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky