Two fatties and some artichoke mushrooms

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
Made a couple fatties up and some mushrooms to go with it.

First fattie was for the boys. Sweet Italian sausage pepperoni and provalone .
0808201614.jpg
0808201619.jpg
0808201620.jpg
0808201634.jpg

Next one is a little different. I had picked up some jalapeno burgers a while back for $0.99 lb. So I used that and stuffed with my standard ABT filling. Cheddar cheese cream cheese and some rub.
0808201650.jpg
0808201737.jpg
0808201749.jpg

Next up the mushrooms. Basicly an artichoke dip recipe.
0808201902.jpg

Leftover artichoke dip in the pan first. Then top with the mushrooms and seasoned.
0808201904.jpg
0808201933.jpg

Fatties off the smoker
0808202059a.jpg

Shooms out of the oven
0808202043a.jpg

Sliced up
0808202133b.jpg
0808202308a.jpg

And here was my plate.
0808202311.jpg

Good stuff!
Thanks for looking!

Look Great! I would thing the shrouds would release a lot of water and make Soup. Look like the Mushrooms came out nicely...JJ

Look Great! I would thing the shrouds would release a lot of water and make Soup. Look like the Mushrooms came out nicely...JJ
Thanks JJ. They do release some moisture. It was more this time in the oven. I usually do these on my UDS and doesnt seem like as much. Once they cooled a bit it was all good....and tasty lol.

Looks fabulous Travis! Both fatties look good but yours being wrapped up looked awesome! And those mushrooms...oh my! Share your recipe for artichoke dip?

You do know you make it hard for my to do list to get any shorter!

Ryan

Travis that all looks delicious!! I’d love both those fatties and the shrooms are money!!

Looks fabulous Travis! Both fatties look good but yours being wrapped up looked awesome! And those mushrooms...oh my! Share your recipe for artichoke dip?

You do know you make it hard for my to do list to get any shorter!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan! Recipe for the artichoke dip is easy.
I'm pretty sure I got this of a can of artichokes at some point but I dont recall what brand it was. I never wrote it down because it was so easy.

1 can artichoke hearts drained and choped
1 cup mayo
2/3 cup graded parmisian( the stuff in a plastic shaker bottle)
8oz shreded mottzerella.

Mix it all up and bake it in a 350° oven until the top gets nicely browned.
Ive also had good luck doing this in the smoker as well.

Now if you wand to do mushrooms just pop the stems out . keep the stems and fine dice them to add to the the artichoke dip. No reason to waste them. Stuff as much as you can in the shrooms. Place the leftover in your baking dish first then add the shrooms on top and bake.
We like to seve the dip with crackers or my favorite way is with bugles!.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Work of art Travis. Nicely done. . .
Thanks Winterrider!
I will take a slice of each pease.
Thats what I should have done. Made a small one for the boys then regretted not making it bigger as soon as I sliced it. Lol. Next time!
Travis that all looks delicious!! I’d love both those fatties and the shrooms are money!!
Thanks! All of it was delicious...the shrooms are always good! Best part is we had leftovers so that will make a great lunch this week!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky