Two Butts & A Leg

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sven Svensson

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 5, 2021
Sonoma County, California
This sounds more like a car accident than a descriptor for Easter Hams. Three weeks ago I taught a few folks how to use Pop’s brine to make their own Easter hams. I decided to give away the two boneless butts and the leg I used in the class to demonstrate brine injecting. As the smell of these beauties permeates the neighborhood I now regret my generosity and wish I could eat these right now.

Using plum and cherry I started them off for 2 hours at 160 then bumped it to 225 and later to 250. Once they hit an IT of 138-140 off the smoker they went and I brought them inside to cool down.

After they cool I‘ll vacuum pack them. Off to their new homes they will go on Sunday awaiting an Easter feast. I do have a leg of my own I injected and is now in the Pop’s spa in the garage fridge for our own feast.

Attachments

• FDC838CD-1C1D-4942-9CB3-7C64A260B87F.jpeg
    FDC838CD-1C1D-4942-9CB3-7C64A260B87F.jpeg
    208 KB · Views: 18
I fully intended to try Dave’s on my own ham and I had a senior moment and completely forgot. I left myself a note attached to my pink salt so I won’t forget on the next round. Haha!
Hahaaa! You will love it. Game changer type love it. It’s that differently good. I’m patiently waiting.

Reactions: Sven Svensson
Those look excellent!
Curing a ham from a butt is something that I have never done. I’m wondering why now!
Gotta add this to the never ending ToDo list!
Al

Mighty good looking hams Sven, and very generous of you.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky