Twin Stumps Cabinet Trailer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jwsimpleville

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 29, 2013
Greenville, SC
Hello I'm the other builder in this project. Just wanted to introduce myself. Thanks for any advice on our project look forward to hearing from everyone.

Last edited:
JW, evening ..... You building reverse flow cabinet types..... That's what I want to build next..... If I can get permission...

Interesting. How do those fire boxes fit in/work?

Mike

Each cook chamber is separated and insulated with a minimum of 2" insulation. So each firebox is built to heat is respective chamber, holding approx one 20lb bag of hardwood charcoal. The design is likes stumps build only twice over in a trailer form.
We haven't seen where anyone else had done that in the past so we're not even certain it will work.

Each cook chamber is separated and insulated with a minimum of 2" insulation. So each firebox is built to heat is respective chamber, holding approx one 20lb bag of hardwood charcoal. The design is likes stumps build only twice over in a trailer form.
We haven't seen where anyone else had done that in the past so we're not even certain it will work.
It should work fine, just basically 2 stumps in one big cabinet. I love the idea.

I'd consider doubling the insulation between them, and insulating the square tubing also. (looks like it may be too late, but you might be able to do it by adding another frame of tubing, for another 2" of insulation) That's assuming your doing separate chambers so you can run at different temps, which you wouldn't want any radiant heat to leach into the cooler chamber, and cause a hotter side in the cooler chamber)

We've definitely thought about that, and will probably just add 2" to the inside wall of each chamber for a total of 6" between the cabinets.

We've definitely thought about that, and will probably just add 2" to the inside wall of each chamber for a total of 6" between the cabinets.
6" of insulation should be more than enough. This thing should be awesome.

What are the overall dimensions of the cabinet, and then dimensions of each cook chamber?

popcorn.gif

I am wanting to do something very similar.. so be prepared for questions my old friends :) Hello everyone!

wasn't thinking two cabinets.. but just one on a small trailer.

mike

Sorry to resurrect an VERY old thread, How did this project come out? Please tell me it was finished. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky