• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Twice baked potatoes

Brad Back

Joined Nov 1, 2017
Has anybody tried to smoke twice baked potatoes? If so how did they turn out and are there any tricks that I need to try? I was going to do this for Mother’s Day but don’t wanna screw them up any help is much appreciated.

zippy12

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 6, 2017
I would smoke a bacon or sausage and mix into the potato mix. not sure I would smoke the whole potato after is is stuffed and topped with cheese.

a smoked ham steak might work too...

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
I think if you are preparing the filling traditionally inside and then smoking to apply smoke and heat it might be pretty tasty.

Brad Back

Joined Nov 1, 2017
Has anybody tried to smoke twice baked potatoes? If so how did they turn out and are there any tricks that I need to try? I was going to do this for Mother’s Day but don’t wanna screw them up any help is much appreciated.
I think I will wait for a regular weekend not Mother’s Day weekend. Thanks for the feedback.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009

We do the following:
First bake some potatoes.
Then let cool & cut them in half.
Scoop out the flesh of the Tater, being careful to not poke any holes in skin.
Mix just like making Mashed Taters with Milk & Butter, and stuff it back in.
Cover with Your choice of Grated Cheese & Small pieces of Bacon (More the Merrier).
I smoke in pan, during the last half hour or more of whatever else I'm Smoking.

Bear

Goes Great Next to a Nice Slice of Prime Rib:

DSCN1417.jpg

Brad Back

Joined Nov 1, 2017
We do the following:
First bake some potatoes.
Then let cool & cut them in half.
Scoop out the flesh of the Tater, being careful to not poke any holes in skin.
Mix just like making Mashed Taters with Milk & Butter, and stuff it back in.
Cover with Your choice of Grated Cheese & Small pieces of Bacon (More the Merrier).
I smoke in pan, during the last half hour or more of whatever else I'm Smoking.

Bear

Goes Great Next to a Nice Slice of Prime Rib:

View attachment 495742
Thank you in that plate looks delicious.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.