Turkey-smoke then fry help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

younggun

Original poster
Mar 7, 2011
St. Chrles, MO
Hay there everybody I have researched on smoking turkey and understand the internal needs to be 165.

Here is my question. What if I want to smoke then fry? Do I smoke the turkey till the internal is 165 or should I just smoke heavy for 2-3 hours then pull it to fry? I'm a bit lost on this one and any thought would be appreciated. I'm not sure if this is even a common practice.

Brian

Whether Fried or Smoked the ending IT needs to be 165-175°F. So I would suggest about 4 hours of smoke at 225°F, to get flavor, then in the fryer to the desired finished IT. These combined techniques will be safe and get the desired result...Be safe with that Fryer!...JJ

I have done a few smo fry turkeys . I smoke 2-3 hrs and then straight to the fryer. The amount of smoke time all depends on outside temps. Want to maintain the 40 -140 safety zone.

I smoke to about 150 to 155 then into 350 degree hot oil to finish at 170. When I pull it out of the oil if it's not 170 then it goes back in till it does

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky