Turkey Roll

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoking in yale

Original poster
Jul 7, 2007
yale, Virginia
It's not a fatty, and I don't know how it will be. Time will tell. It's a ground Turkey roll stuffed with Pepperoni, dried tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. This is what it looked like Before I put it on this morning.

here's the Turkey Roll finished.There wasn't enough fat content so It is a little dry but the flavor is great. Now I'm wanting to do a Fatty.

Looks good Smokin. If you decide to do it again, here's a suggestion for you. Mix the turkey with some ground pork or wrap the turkey loaf with bacon. That will give it alittle more moisture.

Thanks Crewdawg, I was kind of thinking that way. I thought about the Bacon. The pork is a great idea too. thanks. I didn't last long. the taste was great even though it could of been more moist.

When I do these I cut slits in the foil so the fat drains into the water bowl, or onto another foil pan that I bent into shape. Bacon on anything can't hurt!

Looks good smokin' Anything like a fatty or a meatloaf is great in the smoker. Actually ... anything is good in the smoker!

Maybe sliced tomatoes instead of dried ones to add moisture?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky