Turkey Roll

Discussion in 'Poultry' started by smoking in yale, Jul 15, 2007.

1. It's not a fatty, and I don't know how it will be. Time will tell. It's a ground Turkey roll stuffed with Pepperoni, dried tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. This is what it looked like Before I put it on this morning.

2. crewdawg52

crewdawg52 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

By your description and it's look, sounds like a pseudo stuffed meat loaf. Keep us informed.

3. here's the Turkey Roll finished.There wasn't enough fat content so It is a little dry but the flavor is great. Now I'm wanting to do a Fatty.

4. crewdawg52

crewdawg52 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Looks good Smokin. If you decide to do it again, here's a suggestion for you. Mix the turkey with some ground pork or wrap the turkey loaf with bacon. That will give it alittle more moisture.

5. Thanks Crewdawg, I was kind of thinking that way. I thought about the Bacon. The pork is a great idea too. thanks. I didn't last long. the taste was great even though it could of been more moist.

6. keywesmoke

keywesmoke Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

When I do these I cut slits in the foil so the fat drains into the water bowl, or onto another foil pan that I bent into shape. Bacon on anything can't hurt!

7. blackhawk19

blackhawk19 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Maybe you could have sprayed it with EVOO also to help it from drying out, it
    looks good

8. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

Looks good smokin' Anything like a fatty or a meatloaf is great in the smoker. Actually ... anything is good in the smoker!

Maybe sliced tomatoes instead of dried ones to add moisture?