Turkey Price

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I looked last night at Safeway. Jennie-O was $1.89 lb, Butterball $1.99. $14.95 for a 3-lb. boneless breast.
Glad I bought a turkey and breast last summer when they were on sale, but I'll be glad to get them out of my freezer.

With everything else going on currently doesn't help but neither did the outbreak of bird flu this year. Good or bad I'm old fashioned and will still have turkey, stuffing, mashed taters and gravy...no matter what they cost. Cuz, besides family and friends that's what Thanksgiving is for me.

Ryan

I am on a very low carb diet for the foreseeable future so its a Cornish game hen for me and that's it.

Meal for a King right there . Sounds perfect to me . Kids went to their Mom's side last year , and I decided to stay home from my Sisters .
Kielbasa and kraut was last years menu .
That’s a Christmas tradition here!

Meal for a King right there . Sounds perfect to me . Kids went to their Mom's side last year , and I decided to stay home from my Sisters .
Kielbasa and kraut was last years menu .
I love those little birds and while I do miss having a kid or two, I know that things worked out for the best.

Maybe I'll make Keilbasa and kraut - I just started fermenting my own sauerkraut and it came out surprisingly good! Added some caraway seeds and that gave it a nice taste.

There's a turkey farm not far from where I live. It has been about ten years since I roasted a FRESH turkey. I paid about $3/lb. The flavor and texture after being brined wasn't anything special or memorable. Frozen was just more convenient so that's what I kept stocked in the freezer.

On a whim I just checked their prices for a fresh turkey. They now only distribute through local grocers. The price was $8‐$10/lb. For that price, that turkey better moo.

Reactions: Plinsc
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky