• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

turkey gumbo

raastros2

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 1, 2012
well grandmaw died wednesday so using the turkey i smoked yesterday morning to make turkey gumbo for saturday after the service....q-view to come

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
So Sorry for you Loss

driedstick

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 3, 2011
Sorry for you loss, that is some good lookin gumbo, I am sure everyone will like it.

foamheart

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 4, 2013
Sorry for your loss, my sympathies to you and your family.

Nice looking Gumbo, I am sure she was watching. 

raastros2

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 1, 2012
Thanks foam it means a lot......especially from a fellow gumbo maker

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012
I hope you have many fond memories of your grandmother. I'm sure she'd appreciate  you making this wonderful gumbo for her service.

Disco

raastros2

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 1, 2012
its actually my wifes mawmaw ( gammy) but yes i also have lots of time spent with her in a kitchen and other places

mdboatbum

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 22, 2011
Sorry to hear that, but nothing helps the grieving process like a nice hot meal. The gumbo looks fantastic.

bdskelly

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 3, 2013
Raastro,

Plaase accept my condolences about  the loss of your Grand Mother.  It's never easy losing a loved one. Clearly she gave you some excellent culinary guidance.

raastros2

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 1, 2012
Thanks guys....many Sunday afternoons were spent starring rouxs and cutting up meat and veggies in her kitchen

bigr314

Meat Mopper
Joined Jun 4, 2011
So sorry about your loss. I was born and raised in New Orleans, very big fan of turkey and sausage gumbo.  

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.