TSM Venison Summer Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Winterrider

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 29, 2018
North Dakota
Just about out of the last batch of summer sausage so figured I better get another one going. All the goods assembled.
20201207_132254_001.jpg

Cut up into smaller chunks to start feeding.
12 1/2 # venison --- 12 1/2 # pork butt
20201207_143627.jpg

All ground up.
Used Sausage Maker North Country Summer and some garlic emulsified mixed with water.
20201207_145243.jpg

Stuffer ready to roll with Muslim bags
20201207_160720.jpg

Stuffed and into fridge overnight
20201207_165548.jpg

In MES 40 this morning @ 5:30, will be throwing a tray of pecan dust to it.

Looking good.

I told my wife i need more bags, she said get my small Janome out and start sewing..... Yeah right.

Waiting for the finish! I know I've read it before but the bags give better smoke penetration?

Ryan

Looks great!
Thank you, appreciate that.
Be watching . I need to get some of those bags .
Thanks Chop. I do really like these bags. You can stuff them as tight as you can hold without blowing them out. At least I haven't yet.
Lookin good so far.
Thanks pc, will post the finished product afterwards.
Looks like some good eats coming your way!
Jim, thanks for the like. We do eat quite a bit of Summer Sausage.
Looking good.

I told my wife i need more bags, she said get my small Janome out and start sewing..... Yeah right.
Ha ha, yep have to get the machine purring :emoji_wink:
Looking good now the wait. Yea my wife makes bags.

Warren
Thanks for the like. I guess I have never looked for the material. The wife does a little sewing.:emoji_thinking:
Waiting for the finish! I know I've read it before but the bags give better smoke penetration?

Ryan
I do think the smoke does penetrate these bags a lot better. They are my go-to for summer from now on. Thanks for the like Ryan.

zwiller zwiller , DanMcG DanMcG , pa42phigh pa42phigh , jaxgatorz jaxgatorz
Thank you all for the likes, it is greatly appreciated.
Will post finale and let you know the results.

Well I am quite pleased with the end results. 11 hrs smoke time by the time I got them all up to 152°. Iced them down and hung them for about 4 hrs. Into fridge overnight.
20201209_090044.jpg

Pulled casings, pretty easy when you slit the seam.
20201209_090456.jpg

Cut and also sliced some of the them.
20201209_093030.jpg

Vacuumed and ready to give to family and friends.
20201209_103749.jpg

Looks great . I was wondering about getting the bags off with no water bath .

Looks good.
Thank you, appreciate it. Still learning as I go. You guys are great teachers.
Looks great but I didn't see my name on one of those bags.

Warren
I think there is but don't have the address. :emoji_wink:
Thanks for the like Warren.
Looks great . I was wondering about getting the bags off with no water bath .
The first one I started peeling off, there was a lot of meat coming off with the casing. I then remembered cutting down the seam, piece of cake after that. You will like them. . .

pc farmer pc farmer , tallbm tallbm , thank you guys for the likes. Much appreciated!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky