TSM 30lb. Smokehouse Review

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dshef

Original poster
Jan 21, 2014
Southern PA
Retired my MES40 and bought a Sausage Maker 30 Country Smokehouse. Mounted a Bella cold smoker to the right side. I have done venison bag bologna, dried venison sticks, jerky, nuts, cheese, dried chipped venison and pulled pork with success. I use a inkbird unit to monitor smoker and meat temperature. A lot of people complain about temp swings but mine seems to work well. I have adjusted Novus controller temp to work from 40* to 275*. Factory was 50* to 225. Not hard to do. Instruction are on Novus website. Well built and the all stainless construction is easy to clean.

Reactions: tallbm and JLeonard
I have the older TSM 30lb digital. The novus was junk. I wired the element to s heavy duty cord and run with an auber PID. Now the smoker is even better and still running strong after 5 years.

Here is my smoker in action. Put some Buffalo Cheddar Cheese in today. 50* outside. Plan on smoking for 3 hours. Mixture of apple pellets and wood chips in Bella smoker.
733ECBAA-0E78-4860-A89D-55E9ECC72AB1.jpeg
99A35DA9-A5CB-4E4C-A92C-118B0B4B9FF5.jpeg

Reactions: BGKYSmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky