Trying to decide...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
:emoji_open_mouth: Open mouthed astonishment, pork rind breading!
I have to give that a go.
Not derail but you both showed some interest. Below is pork Jagerschnitzel after frying with the pork rinds and the final plate with German hunters mushroom gravy.

cooked.jpg

plate.jpg

A sunset photo - 155-degrees. I made a brown sugar Worcestershire sauce glaze with a pinch of Kosher salt and a dollop of honey...
IMG_1581.JPG

Its under foil, maturing...

Remember - this is not pulled pork, it is roasted pork, for slicing, so, we'll see.

Been watching Diners, Drive-in and Dives all through the cook and while I am not a particular fan of Guy or the show he had some great barbecue feature-ettes today - made me hungry as a bear. I hope this shoulder is edible.

Last edited:
Fannn-fricken-tastic! Probably the best pork shoulder I have ever eaten. The Tony Cachere's injection smelled so strong of garlic that I was afraid it was going to be garlic-o.d., but not at all. Perfectly tender, juicy, and awesome taste!!! I can't recall off the top of my head who recommended the Tony Cachere's (I will search) but I am sold.

Awesome.

IMG_1583.JPG

Tony Cachere's is good stuff!
I like to get the Creole Butter marinade, put in a blender with a handfull of Jalapenos, and like 6 Table spoons of brown sugar.

Blend, strain, and inject in a turkey.
Season the Turkey with Tony Cachere's seasoning and then deep fry.... soooooo good! :D

Looks great . I like it a bit higher in finished IT . It really gets tender about 180 .
Love the color you got on the outside .

Yeah , it's good stuff . You did the inject / hold over night . That's the way to do it .
Nice work bud .
Thank you sir - I will take the next one to 165 and go from there! This one is the tenderest pork shoulder I ever ate.

Reactions: chopsaw
It smells like bacon - It is going to make some GREAT pork slices and egg breakfasts!

I think a nice 2-3 pound slab of pork belly skin removed grilled indirect at about 350 hit with black pepper and basted several times in a 50:50 mixture of soy sauce and maple syrup would be a fantastic meal.

20190713_204102.jpg

20190713_212054.jpg

I had some of that pork shoulder for Sunday dinner today and my God is it good - even reheated!!! I can't wait to cook another one.

I am thinking about cooking the 9-lb 14-oz portion of the Berkshire fresh ham I have in the freezer the same way I cooked this pork shoulder - injected with Tony Cachere's roasted garlic and herb injection and hickory smoke roast - but with a maple syrup based glaze...

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky