trip to Kansas City

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hotpit

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
Edmond/Guthrie Oklahoma
we are taking a weekend trip to KC and would like to go to the best bbq place in KC, also would like to go to any  bbq event that maybe going on, so with that I have a couple questions,

1, where is best bbq joint in Kansas City (or atleast your favorite)????

2,  Is there any bbq events happening the weekend of nov 9-12?????

I've eaten at several places in KC and can't say I've ever had bad BBQ anywhere. However my personal favorite would be Jacks Stack. Their burnt ends are great! I have to add though that's it's been years since I've been down there but they were always worth the trip before.

I've only heard good things about Oklahoma Joes. but no matter where you go chances are you will find some good BBQ.

I live an hour from KC... Smoking Guns, Jack Stack & Oklahoma Joes are the Best... Then you have Gates and Arthur Bryants that are pretty good also...

I used to love Gates...think their bbq sauce is still great, especially the spicy.  But, they have went incredibly downhill.  Their restaurants are extremely filthy and greasy everywhere and I and my whole family are scared to eat there anymore.  My brother lives in KC and he also refuses to go there anymore.  Just one mans opinion though.  Jack Shack is very good and would be my second choice, kudos to their burnt ends.

We ate at Oklahoma joes on fri night, got ribs, brisket, pork chili, beans, slaw, and daughter got pulled pork sandwich. All was good, but only ribs were great. What a great environment though!!! Comp style ribs available to the public!!

Little shack in Leavenworth is the best. Good food service and big portions. Then Ok Joes and the others.

BillMc

Now had it been a week later I would say my house. Although just outside the city I have some butts getting ready for the smoker as we speak.
drool.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky