Tried TulsaJeff's Double Smoked Ham, WOW!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tbern

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 27, 2015
Southwest Minnesota
we had our families Christmas this past Saturday, always the last one of the season and getting harder to schedule because of the grandkids playing sports.

so I decided to give Jeff's double smoked ham a try and it was amazing!! everyone really liked it, and I thought it was one of the best tasting hams that I've had in a long, long time!! smoked it using apple wood on my campchef pellet grill at 225* for about 3 hours. IMG_20230107_160104769.jpg IMG_20230107_165852974.jpg IMG_20230107_190422695.jpg

i will say that i used Jeff's rub, but left out cayenne pepper, which was for my preference and a lot of the others attending who don't like the heat.

not a lot of pictures as it was a hetic time, as usual with all the people around and lots of things to get done. but if you haven't tried Jeff's version, give it a go, it is great!!

Good looking ham. We finally got around to the family Christmas Saturday after having to cancel due to the ice age a couple weeks back lol. Nice work bud

Reactions: tbern
Looks great! Need to try one of those someday. No cayenne for me either. I played with that rub a little and one time I swapped the paprika for chili powder (and added no cayenne) and fell in love with it.

Good looking ham. We finally got around to the family Christmas Saturday after having to cancel due to the ice age a couple weeks back lol. Nice work bud
thanks Jake, yeah, were about the 3rd to 5th "Christmas" for some of the clan so we usually have ours in early January sometime and it works out pretty good

A fine looking cook for sure! I make both of Jeff's rubs, always leave out the hot stuff. RAY
thank you Ray!! my tongue {which I've bitten endless number of times due to a jaw condition} just can't handle much heat anymore without it just burning like crazy, so it's more sweet rubs for me

Beautiful ham!! With the crew I usually have here, that wouldn't last very long...
thanks Charles!! I also had a large turkey as a second meat, so there was a little bit of ham left for us to enjoy the last couple of days

Looks great! Need to try one of those someday. No cayenne for me either. I played with that rub a little and one time I swapped the paprika for chili powder (and added no cayenne) and fell in love with it.
Thanks Sam!! definitely give it a try, it is an amazing flavor!! and yep, not much heat in any of my rubs, but still can get the great flavors!!

Reactions: zwiller
Looks great and , we are big ham lovers , and that would fit the bill for sure.

We also did a ham and turkey for xmas supper.
And a big honkin tray of dressing, lol

David
thanks David!! yes, if you are ham lovers give it a go, that maple syrup and rub is an amazing combo!!

oh yeah, had to have my mom's recipe for the dressing and i usually make a 6 quart crockpot liner full of it for the meal

I did the double smoked ham a couple of years ago for a work function. The ladies I work with loved it. So now the weekend before every Thanksgiving and Christmas I have the smoker rolling with at least 4-6 hams usually.
Yours looks really great.

Jim

I did the double smoked ham a couple of years ago for a work function. The ladies I work with loved it. So now the weekend before every Thanksgiving and Christmas I have the smoker rolling with at least 4-6 hams usually.
Yours looks really great.

Jim
thanks Jim!! wow 4-6 hams going, must have a good sized smoker! and yep, definitely will have to do this ham in the future as everyone loved the flavor of it!

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky