Tried a finishing sauce on my butt

Discussion in 'Pork' started by madcane, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Tried a finishing sauce on my butt That I saw in a old thread from SoFlaQuer
    Oh my gosh I'm hooked, I loved it way better than my custom mixed BBQ sauce.
    Everyone complimented how good and juicy the pulled pork tasted with out the sauce

2. waterinholebrew

waterinholebrew Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

That all looks great ! Thumbs Up

3. bwsmith_2000

bwsmith_2000 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Glad you enjoyed the finishing sauce. It's also my very favorite one Soflquer used to be a very active member on this forum and had great posts. I really miss him. By the way, if you liked the finishing sauce, try his chili verde recipe. It's the best chili I have ever made. Oh yes, also try his brisked recipe ..... fantastic!

4. The meatballs were so darn good as well. They went so fast while I was preparing some sides I only got one lol

5. Thanks I will give them a try. There is so much in this place I'll be smoking different things and recipes for years, lol

6. weev

weev Meat Mopper

Looks good what's the easiest way to search for that sauce?

7. weev

weev Meat Mopper

Never mind I removed my head from my rear and found it. Thanks

8. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

You also might want to try Chef Jimmy J's finishing sauce. It takes SoFlaQuers to the next level.

Here it is:

Tangy Pulled Pork Finishing Sauce

This is more of an Eastern North Carolina style Finishing Sauce...

2 C Apple Cider Vinegar

2T Worcestershire Sauce or more to taste

1/4C Brown Sugar

1T Smoked Paprika

2 tsp Granulated Garlic

2 tsp Granulated Onion

2 tsp Fine Grind Black Pepper

1 tsp Celery Salt

1 tsp Cayenne Pepper or Red Pepper Flake. Add more if you like Heat.

1/2 tsp Grnd Allspice

Combine all and whisk well. This is a thin sauce, bring just to a simmer and remove from heat. Adjust sweetness by adding Brn Sugar or additional Vinegar as desired...Makes about 2 Cups.

For a Lexington Style Dip  add, 1/2C Ketchup and 1-3tsp Red Pepper Flakes...JJ

Al

madcane likes this.
  9. weev

weev Meat Mopper

That sounds really good also

10. slipaway

slipaway Meat Mopper

Al, Any idea how much pork that 2 cups will cover? My sauces run about 2 cups for 3-4 pounds of pork. Same here?

Thanx

11. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

It depends on your taste, I put it in a squeeze bottle & on 4 lbs. of pork I usually spray about half on first, mix a little & taste, add more if needed. Usually 3/4 of it is enough for 4 lbs.

Al

12. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

Thanks Al and I agree on the amount. It is a " to taste " thing. If more moisture/liquid is needed, I add some Apple Juice to balance adding a lot of vinegar based Tangy finishing sauce...JJ