• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Tribute to RonP

texacajun

Meat Mopper
Joined Feb 23, 2010
Sad news Ron help me out with my past projects on my MES. He will be greatly missed.

richoso1

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 21, 2007
Erain, you did it up right for Ron. Congrats and thanks too.

mama's smoke

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 9, 2010
Erain,

Your tribute was perfect.  I had stepped away from the site for awhile: family visiting, school year starting, and MES quitting.  I received my replacement MES (BTW the Masterbuilt Customer Service is great) and returned to SMF for ideas.  I was stunned and saddened to learn of Ron's passing.  He was a true master and always quick with ideas and encouragement.  Even my failures he saw as "successes in the works".  It shocked the hubs to know I felt comfortable calling a complete stranger, until hubby reaped the rewards of Ron's advice.

Thanks again, Erain.  And to Ron: Buddy, you will be missed.  Watch over my MES and help me keep it a Thin Blue Smoke.

erain

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 2, 2008
just thought i would bump this up for my old friend... was a year ago yesterday.

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
I have to beleive that there is a great smoke fest going on upstairs. Terry , Rich adn Ron are smling down on us while standing near some TBS - RIP my brothers
[hr][/hr]

Last edited:

venture

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 1, 2008
Dang, its not hard to be sad!

They wouldn't like that, tho!

Lets all fire up the smoker tomorrow and enjoy some football.

I think they would like that.

R.I.P. my friends!

erain

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 2, 2008
Dang, its not hard to be sad!

They wouldn't like that, tho!

Lets all fire up the smoker tomorrow and enjoy some football.

I think they would like that.

R.I.P. my friends!
you are absolutly correct brother.... if i wasnt going to be gone to LOTW this w/e i would definetly be doing up either some RonP reverse sear rib eyes, or mebe some cured chicken thighs... and yup ck out post 22... sheesh

roller

Smoking Guru
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 10, 2010
I enjoyed this thanks for bring it back...I liked Ron he was a good smoker and nothing fancy just good smoking...

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Thanks for bumping this Erain!

RIP RonP & Rich---The clouds in the Heavens seem to appear more like TBS today, than the old shades of grey & white.

Bear

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Boy that year went fast. RIP Ron.

oneshot

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined May 30, 2009
Great job Erain!!!!  I don't know how I missed this last year..... Ron was a great friend and I sure do miss talkin with him on the phone.... He was always comin up with somethin wild and new.... I miss you buddy!!!!!
   RIP

pignit

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 3, 2008
Still have him on my voicemail. Smokin just aint the same without the Ron Man.....

tromaron

Meat Mopper
Joined Feb 1, 2011
I never joined the forum until after Ron had passed, but it was Ron's old posts that sold me on this forum & convinced me to get my MES.  Even after he's gone, he's still passing on his wisdom.

jpenny2525

Fire Starter
Joined Jul 7, 2008
Very nice tribute! The only thing missing was me getting a chance to know RonP, but from all the pics and respect/love that everyone had for him I am sure of one thing... He was one hell of a guy/cook!

JP

eman

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
Think i'll smoke some cheetos!!!

And dip em in some yoshidas.

RIP  Ron Terry and Rich.

Last edited:

shtrdave

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 11, 2010
It looks like I missed out on some advice form a great person, thankfully there are so many more like him here to keep this all alive and going. This is a great pictorial tribute to what seems like a helpful contributor here. Thank you for sharing.

alelover

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 9, 2010
Wow that year went fast. I've sent a lot of smoke to the heavens since then thanks to Ron and Rich. RIP buddies.

sqwib

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 25, 2007
Thanks for Bumping this.

Don't know how I missed it before.

2 great men that will be missed by many.

grampyskids

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 26, 2009
It's still hard to believe that one year has passed since my friend and mentor has been gone. Almost everynight, my wife would answer the phone and tell me that Ron was calling. I bought the 40" MES because of Ron and of course I got the extended warranty from SAM'S. In an eerie moment, I remembered when he died on the 1st Sunday in Sept. The 1st Sunday in Sept. of 2011, I had to go to the hospital ER and ended up in ICU for 3 days for a heart condition. The not so funny thing was that I used to get mad at him for not taking care of himself; in fact the last telephone conversation we had I gave him hell for not following the MDs orders. On Monday, I realized that I was doing all the things that he did. So for you RonP, I will do what you did not, follow my DRs orders.

Bill

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.