Tribute to RonP

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It has been along time since I spent much time here, but came back this night for a few new ideas for Christmas with the family.  One of the people I talked to on the phone with several times was Ron while trying to look him up on the thread I found he had passed,  he helped me really get the bug years ago and I had hoped to renew our friendship.  There will be no sleep for me tonight, I hope his memories and his many posts will help both new smokers and the experienced for years to come.  I am sure he will be a great example as long as this sight exists, I hope you will be watching over my MES and me until I join you and finally meet you.  Thanks for everything, I will go to Sam's and buy a chicken in your memory and smoke it as I was taught.

Another ron

Last edited:
What???? I'm on here all the time and this is the first I've heard of RonP passing...I talked to him quite often.  I am deeply saddened by this loss.

Dan

Yup---I miss RonP too!!!

Great guy!!

I Learned a lot from him---He was always ready to help!!

RIP Old Buddy!!

Bear

just bumping this up, just passed the anniversary of Ron's passing. Also like to mention Big Arm Terry, Richoso, Scarbelly, Capt Dan and Walking Dude. RIP guys and hope you all having some good all nighters up there!

Reactions: TulsaJeff
Thanks erain....   It's good to remember old friends...   In fact, I was using some Yoshida's the other day, and thought of Ron..

Thanks @erain  for the Bump on those Great Guys we lost.

I gotta add one more who was a Great Friend----> Beer-B-Q  "Paul"  Another Great Friend.

Bear

Smoked some of Rons chicken thighs yesterday. Think of him often. He turned into a very good friend.

Man, how you been? it has been a while since I ran across a post of yours although I haven't been doing a whole lot on any of the forums lately. Good to see your still around!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky