Tribute Baby Backs

Discussion in 'Pork' started by smokinadam, Jun 26, 2016.

1. smokinadam

smokinadam Smoking Fanatic

We have had a rough week so far after my father was called home to the Lord. My dad taught me how to be the griller and to love doing it. He would grill daily when he was able to and had to buy Jeffs cook book and recipe to improve his foods. So today I will honor him with some Thin Blue Smoke bellowing out of his smoker for my family. He liked baby backs and made some good racks so we have those on. We always like to experiment and I don't remember doing any beef ribs together so I bought some of them to lather up with garlic pepper seasoning.

I'll try to get further pictures throughout the cook. I'm doing them with a 2.5-1.5-1 method.

Hitting it with 225 heat throughout the cook.

2. Very nice tribute! My condolences to you and your family, losing your dad is tough. My dad passed away last year and not a day goes by that something doesn't remind me of him.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  3. waterinholebrew

waterinholebrew Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

That is a great tribute smoke to your Dad ! I'm sorry to hear of his passing & my condolences to you & your family !

4. smokinadam

taking the baby backs off to wrap in brown sugar, honey, and aj.
    before beef ribs went in foil that I added beef broth and some worcheshire. Going to keep these wrapped as need them to get tender and don't want to sauce them.

5. smokingrookie

smokingrookie Smoke Blower SMF Premier Member

Great tribute to what sounds like a great man. My Dad was my grilling influence as well. We lost him six years ago. Every time I fire up the grill or smoker I think of him and all the fun we had around the grill. Sorry for your loss, and again that sounds like a great tribute.

6. smokinadam

Thanks TTTT. Appreciate the thoughts and kind words.

thanks alot for the kind words.

7. mike5051

mike5051 Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

My condolences to you and your family.  That is a great tribute to your Dad.  He would be proud.

Mike

8. seenred

seenred Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member

So sorry for your loss, Adam. Condolences to you and your family. A good tribute to him to smoke something he liked...both the BBs and the beef ribs are looking terrific!

:points:

Red

9. smokinadam

thanks Mike. My job is to continue to make him proud.

thanks Red. These might be the best I've ever done so far because of his presence with me.

10. smokinadam

thanks rookie! I will always think of him when I do it especially when I make my own recipe and don't write it down to follow it the same next time. He always got mad when I did it that way.

11. smokinadam

finished ribs. Really nice bite. One rack fell apart on the end but most stayed together.
    these were good beef ribs little more fat than I would like.

12. Food hits us on so many senses, that is so nice that you will always remember him when you cook. mY grandfather taught me to cook, Italian food not BBQ, He has been gone for 20 years and still to this day certain smells and tastes remind me of him. Sorry for your loss.

13. smokingrookie

smokingrookie Smoke Blower SMF Premier Member

Wow those baby backs look awesome! I have never been able to get them to turn out like that. Trust me your Dad would be proud.
    Those and the beef ribs are picture perfect!

14. bdskelly

bdskelly Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

A wonderful smoke and outstanding tribute.  May you find comfort knowing your father is now happy with with our lord.B 

15. tropics

tropics Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Adam So sorry to hear of your loss. That was a great way to honor him and thanks for sharing with us.Points for that Tribute

Richie

16. worktogthr

worktogthr Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Sorry for your loss!  Great way to pay tribute to your dad.  My mom and I had a bond over food as well and when she passed, I became even more into cooking, smoking, and much to my chagrin, baking.  You will find that no matter how much you miss him, he will always be with you especially on the grill or in the kitchen!

-Chris

17. sauced

sauced Master of the Pit

So sorry to hear about your Dad. What a great way to honor and remember him!! God bless.

18. sauced

sauced Master of the Pit

Forgot.......

[​IMG]

19. muralboy

muralboy Smoking Fanatic

That was a fitting tribute.  My condolences to you and your family

20. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad!

I bet he'd be really proud of you.

Points!

Al