Tri Tip's have hit Louisiana

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It had an excellent flavor. I used salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder as seasonings. The meat was extremely tender, even cooked well done. I would say the texture/feel was somewhere between sirloin and tenderloin.

Now your killing me Cajun, Just ordered a pizza.
icon_cry.gif

Cajun, if you liked it as a roast, you ought to try it as a steak. Ask your Butcher to cut one into steaks for you and repeat what you did with the roast-just remember that they won't take as long to get done. Plus you can have yours the way you want it and do one "over done" for the wife.
tongue.gif

As for it tasting like sirloin-the tri-tip comes from the small muscle group in the sirloin primal.

Enjoy!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky