Tri-Tip Success

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dang it Richie that TT looks flipping good, looks like you nailed it. - Nice job and POINTS to ya there sir!! 

DS

Dang it Richie that TT looks flipping good, looks like you nailed it. - Nice job and POINTS to ya there sir!! 

DS

DS Thanks took almost a year to find one LOL so I had better do it right Thanks for the points I appreciate it

Richie

Wow, I missed this when it was first posted.  I'd say you nailed that one!

Why are the tri-tips hard to find?
Must be a "market" thing, Cranky. Seems they're standard fare on the west coast, but nowhere else. I've done 3, but I had to ask for them. The meat cutters here know what they are and are happy to cut one if they have the piece available to cut it from. Makes you wonder what they use that meat for usually. Ground Round maybe? Flank Steak?
The ones I've had don't look like the ones you see posted, though. They're definitely triangular and the grain is right, but they're thicker and don't have that little curlicue on the end. Juicy as can be and at least $7.99lb.

Great Job on this one.
drool.gif
Brian Thanks had left overs for 2 more meals, so it wasn't a bad deal cost wize 

Richie

Perfect lookin TT smoke Richie, glad ya was able to find one not pre seasoned !
Justin I wasn't crazy over the price,but we got our monies worth out of it LOL Thanks for the points I appreciate it

Richie

Beautifully cooked Richie.

I haven't even seen a tritip up here. But im here to tell you if i could get fillet mignon at that price it would be the ONLY cut of beef in the house!!!!!!

POINTS my friend.

Gary
Gary Thanks I had to try that Tri-Tip after seeing so many being cooked on here.Filet and Prime Ribs go on sale a lot,I am going to spin a PR later when I finish putting this part of the floor down.

Thanks for the points I appreciate it

Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky