Tri Tip: smoked and reverse seared - best one yet

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That is a great looking Tri tip. You knocked that one out of the park. Now you have me craving some Tri tip!

WOW Dave, that's an excellent looking tri-tip cooked perfectly. I wish they were more available here...

WOW Dave, that's an excellent looking tri-tip cooked perfectly. I wish they were more available here...
thank you. I find it kinda baffling that not all cuts/roasts whatever are not sold everywhere. This comes up often in discussion. If anyone knows why this is I would love to hear the reason/s.

thank you. I find it kinda baffling that not all cuts/roasts whatever are not sold everywhere. This comes up often in discussion. If anyone knows why this is I would love to hear the reason/s.
My best guess would be demand. I bet most folks in my part of the world have never even heard of Tri-Tip, and if it wasn't for this forum and it's members. I wouldn't have either. If you look at a TT in the store not knowing what it is. It really doesn't look as good as a T-bone or Ribeye to the average Joe. So if they don't sell they won't be carried. Same for brisket. Not many of my friends are willing to stand near a pit for 10+ hours cooking one. So not to many places carry them.

Chris

My best guess would be demand. I bet most folks in my part of the world have never even heard of Tri-Tip, and if it wasn't for this forum and it's members. I wouldn't have either. If you look at a TT in the store not knowing what it is. It really doesn't look as good as a T-bone or Ribeye to the average Joe. So if they don't sell they won't be carried. Same for brisket. Not many of my friends are willing to stand near a pit for 10+ hours cooking one. So not to many places carry them.

Chris
makes sense. Glad we have TT's here.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky