Tri tip sammiches

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Kevin DeShazo

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 7, 2018
Picked up a tri tip with a plan of smoking and reverse searing for some sammiches for dinner tonite.

Gotnit home and seasoned up with a combo of MeatChurch Voodoo and Hot Honey Crunch. Got it it seasoned up and in the fridge for a couple hours.
20210710_140732.jpg

While that was in the fridge, sliced up some vidallia onions for some beer battered onion rings made with some Dos Equis. After slicing, into a buttermilk bath they go as well.

About 4p fired uo the MES to 225 with some mesquite chips. Got the meat in about 430, figuring about 1.5ish hours in the smoker and a few mins for sear on the grill and a bit of a rest till dinner time (6p)

Made up the beer batter with flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder and a bit of smoked paprika and Cholula chipotle hot sauce. Got the oil up to temp and started frying up the rings.
20210710_174559.jpg

Fired up the grill and tossed on a few ears of corn a few mins before I pulled the TT for the sear.

TT pulled from the grill at 135, on go the rolls for toasting and pulled the corn, into a bowl with butter, salt and pepper the corn goes.

Overall tasty dinner, though sliced the rings a bit thin and ended up w more straws than rings.
20210710_180336.jpg

Last edited:
It all looks great nice job

Whoa, all looks great and grats on the ride! I'm doing a tri tomorrow, might have to do some copy-catting! RAY

Nice work Kevin, the beef looks perfect, and I'd love to have a plate of those rings!

Thanks guys for the comments and likes, the tri tip I got was $7.99 a lb on sale, which for here is a pretty decent price. Had been paying 9.99 a lb

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky