Tri tip on sale, cheap!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

forktender

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 10, 2008
NORCAL
Safeway has it for the next few days. Time to stock up for grinder meat and Que meat.
20210507_191130.jpg

Might have to go although I typically find Safeway meat disappointing. The price is good so might grab one or two.
The ONLY Time I buy meat from Safeway is when the T.T. and rib roasts are under $4.00 per pound. And I marinade the crap out of them for 2-4 days. Either that or I grind it for sausage or burger. I pretty much dislike Safeway, Lucky's, Nob hill, Whole Foods and any other chain grocery store.

I buy my meat from Costco in Concord or Diablo Food's in Lafayette or Lunardi's in Walnut Creek. I like Lunardi's best because they age their meat longer than anyone else around here, and they still have true Butchers cutting custom meats, but you pay for it big time.:emoji_thumbsup:
1620546144535.png

The ONLY Time I buy meat from Safeway is when the T.T. and rib roasts are under $4.00 per pound. And I marinade the crap out of them for 2-4 days. Either that or I grind it for sausage or burger. I pretty much dislike Safeway, Lucky's, Nob hill, Whole Foods and any other chain grocery store.

I buy my meat from Costco in Concord or Diablo Food's in Lafayette or Lunardi's in Walnut Creek. I like Lunardi's best because they age their meat longer than anyone else around here, and they still have true Butchers cutting custom meats, but you pay for it big time.:emoji_thumbsup:
View attachment 495735

I buy mine at Costco business center in Hayward, Berkeley Bowl or Grocery Outlet when they have certain items in stock. I did go to Safeway to try and buy some tri-tip today. Found a 2 pack that looked ok, plus a few free items from coupons I was holding. 3 registers open with at least 14 people waiting, over 20 at the self service and a dozen registers closed. Screw that, not waiting 30 to 45 minutes to buy a few items.

• Haha
Reactions: forktender
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky