"Tri tip" help.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You did well pilgrim! The first and foremost thing to know about a tri tip is it's a cut from the round. The muscles are not used as much so they tend to be on the tender side. However, they are lean and any over-cooking will render them darn near inedible to eat like a steak. If you do cook one a shy too long, it will make for some good chili or stew meat, you just have to be good at repurposing it.

I love tri tip and cooked alot of them when we lived in AZ. Out here in the south, they are few and far between but I will not pass one up.

Reactions: Marknmd
Just diggin up bones here, but you can do some neat stuff with tri tip if you get them cheap enough.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky