• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Tri-Tip Dinner on the Yoder w/ (Q-View)

bigkvn1

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 11, 2011
It's been a few weeks since I've been able to put any heat in the Yoder.  The wife had her appendix go bad and had to have surgery.  To complicate things, she is pregnant with our second.  However, fast forward a few weeks and all is well.  Short of it never happening, she and baby are fine.  She finally got her appetite back and requested a smoked feast.  I smoked a 4lb untrimmed tri-tip, chicken thighs, and a few squash on the Yoder with almond splits as fuel.  Topped it off w/ some baked beans and garlic french bread enjoy...!

Last edited:

tyotrain

Master of the Pit
Joined Mar 31, 2010
Man O Man that is some great looking Q.. Nice job bet it was tasty

fpnmf

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 19, 2010
Glad all is well!!

Congrtas on the baby!!  Boy or girl??

Chow looks delicious!!!

Craig

bigkvn1

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 11, 2011
Craig, don't know just yet  Wife is only about 7 weeks along now.  First one was a boy!!! :)  Lets keep out fingers crossed....! ;)

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
Great looking smoke. I love tritip just about any way you cook it. I need to try the squash again. Have not had it in a long time

roller

Smoking Guru
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 10, 2010
Glad to hear your wife is doing good. After that spread she should get alot better...Great job...

bigkvn1

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 11, 2011
Great looking smoke. I love tritip just about any way you cook it. I need to try the squash again. Have not had it in a long time

Scar, nothing too fancy w/ the squash.  I split them lengthwise in quarters, rub w/ some olive oil, and season lightly.  Smoked them w/ the chicken after the tri-tip was pulled .They always seem turn out. 

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Great job, Kevin. I love tri tip, but it's not around here very often. Glad to hear your wife & baby are fine.

callahan4life

Meat Mopper
Joined Jan 20, 2011
Looks great! I wish we could get tri-tip around here. I haven't seen it in awhile, I may have to seek out a butcher.

fife

Master of the Pit
Joined Mar 14, 2011
Good to hear all is well with the wife. I agree with her some smoke will make her feel much better. CONGRATS on the banner.

gotarace

Limited Mod
Joined Jan 27, 2011
We don't see tri tip here to often but after seeing your fantastic smoke the search is on. Everything looks great.
 Congrats on the banner.

Last edited:

venture

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 1, 2008
Great looking food!  I prefer tri tip untrimmed also.

Not sure how you can cook so well on a smoker that clean tho?

Good luck and good smoking!

chef willie

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 31, 2010
Nice job on the TT.....have been a fan of those for some time. Regards to your wife...nice to see a gal that wants red meat and not squemish about a little juice running outta it.

dtcunni

Meat Mopper
Joined Dec 1, 2010
Looks great man! I love tri tip...I had never heard of it much until I moved to Arizona. I have done a few since I've been here and they are very tasty!

coacher72

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 16, 2010
Nice to see another Yoder in action. Very nice looking spread. Did you marinate the Tri-tip? Don't see it much out here. Hopefully someone will have them soon.

Thanks for sharing.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Nice Smoker, and a great job on all the food, Kevin!!!

Good to hear Mom & Baby are fine!!

Thanks,

Bear

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.