Tri Tip at Meijer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoke king

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 16, 2010
NW Ohio
I read a lot about Tri Tip on this site, and have been curious to try it.  Figured it would be hard to get in NW Ohio, but haven't really looked. I was quite surprised to see it a local Meijer. They have them for $6.99/lb, and they are pre-seasoned. Anyone on here (that goes to Meijer) tried it yet?  I think I'd rather season an unseasoned one myself, but will probably give it a try.

Those that are pre-maranaited are real good. Sam`s club got some in by accident a while back and I bought several. These were only 5.29lb. I should have bought more.

Most of us in CA would not buy a marinaed TriTip. We just hit them with basic SPG rub

I think I will try my local butcher and see if they can get me one, and if not, I'll give the marinated one a shot.

X2 on Gary's post.  There is only one shop where I will buy their rubbed stuff.  Usually better to do it yourself.

Good luck and good smoking.

Not trying to hijack your thread but I saw marinated tri tips at Kroger, here in central Indiana yesterday. They were going for $7.29lb. I was also able to get a tri tip at Sam's Club for about $5.99lb here but I had to order it from Sam's butcher because he had cut it when they got their meat delivery in.

Pops thread gives as good an explanation of the tri tip as I have seen.  For people having trouble finding them, the info your butcher needs is Bottom Sirloin Butt, NAMP/IMPS 185C(untrimmed) and 185D (trimmed).

Thanks Pops, as always.  And great to have you back!

Good luck and good smoking.

I just read on another post that Smokin' Ohio Butcher carries them in his store, I will have to make a quick trip to see him.  Thanks everyone!

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/110591/no-bearcarver-tri-tip-tutorial#post_683865
Sooo Sad! 
th_crybaby2.gif
 Seems I have cornered the market in my area!  I have Tri- Tips in our case every day now and people are starting to catch on finally.  Reminds me!...I need to have a loss leader sale on Tri Tips and do some demos in the store again!  Samples anyone???
yahoo.gif

SOB

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky