Traveled 1360 Miles to Buy a Smoker...PICS!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

phatbac

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
Monroe, NC USA
Dear SMF Family,
as many of you know who have read a recent thread of mine i just bought a new Lang 36 Hybrid Patio. I originally ordered this smoker from the factory, but had to cancel because of some life/medical issues. well i ended having some scratch and got desperate and started looking on Facebook for something i could buy; any kind of heavy steel stick burner. I found the Lang 36 hybrid patio (with stainless steel racks) online for a price i could afford. I thought, wow I'm blessed today! But there was one problem...it was in western New York and i Live in Charlotte NC! (680 miles each way) So I called my dad (who has a truck...i don't BTW) and asked if we could do a road trip? He said yes i paid the man who had the smoker a small down via paypal to hold the smoker and off we went! Here are some pics of the trip....

Here we are going out across the New River Gorge on US-19 in WV
IMG_20200523_115116.jpg

Here we are strapping the smoker down in West Valley New York after winching the smoker into the truck bed.
Dang that thing is heavy! My Dad on the left and Andy the I man bought from on the right...
IMG_20200524_090734.jpg

Going across the Chataugua River
IMG_20200524_102829.jpg

A rest stop in western Pa north of Pittsburgh
IMG_20200524_111928.jpg

Sitting at my parents in south west VA
IMG_20200525_072925_1.jpg

Thanks for looking and hoped you like these shots of my road trip. i left Saturday morning at 6 am and didn't get home until about noon Monday. Now i have a Lang again and I'm on cloud nine. i need to clean her up a bit and repaint the FB but after some TLC she will be right as rain!

Be on the look out for a lot of Q-View from her!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

That smoker looks great. I'm sure it will provide hours of enjoyment for you. On a side note, a road trip like that is the stuff great memories are made of... Happy smoking

A great trip and a great score Aaron, guess you guys managed to get that monster off the bed without incident. RAY

Congratulations on a good smoker score, and a road trip with your dad, Aaron

Thank you. it was good to hang with my Dad for a couple days too, made for a good trip.

That smoker looks great. I'm sure it will provide hours of enjoyment for you. On a side note, a road trip like that is the stuff great memories are made of... Happy smoking

It will be something to remember!

Congratulations on snagging your Lang. How did you get that thing out of the truck?

we still have on the truck atm we are going to use a winch to lower it (electric) and a hand winch to get it going off some ramps. the ramps are how we got it on the truck with a thick piece of plywood for the casters on the ramps. the casters aren't lined up with the pneumatic wheels so that does cause a problem.

Congrats Aaron!! Someday I’ll add a Lang to my collection to.
thank you! you would love a lang!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Nice score! Great looking smoker and road trip!

appreciate it!

A great trip and a great score Aaron, guess you guys managed to get that monster off the bed without incident. RAY

that is tomorrow! Dad has a bad disc and it locked up on him when we got home so tomorrow after a few days of calming down we unload it. more pics to come

Wow serendipitous for sure. Great story.

Sometimes its better to be lucky than good!

Congrats! Gotta love that charcoal pit on the left.

yes i can smoke once a week at most but i can grill 2-3 times a week and always using my lang!

You Sir. . .Are my hero!

Best of luck with it,

John

Thanks. the fun part will be cooking for the whole church on it! (125 ppl)

Congrats on your new smoker, Aaron! I hope you'll enjoy it for long time....

Thank you sir!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky