Transporting Pork... Need help asap!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kjc55

Original poster
May 28, 2010
AZ
OK, here is the situation,

I wanna smoke up a pork butt, and transport it 1H 30 Mins away. The problem is I cannot bring the smoker, but I want to have the meat as fresh as possible.

here is what I figured, that I would smoke it for 2 hours or so, then I would Transport it to Tucson a 1 1/2 hour Drive, the put it in the oven at 250* for as long as it takes after that.

Does any one have a better idea then this?

I get the vibe that if I do it my way I will be getting quite a few people sick.

Smoke it all the way, wrap in foil put it in a cooler wrapped in a couple old towels and it will hold for up to 6 hours and still be piping hot.. A couple hours is not a problem at all.

Reactions: kjc55
Smoke it all the way, wrap in foil put it in a cooler wrapped in a couple old towels and it will hold for up to 6 hours and still be piping hot.. A couple hours is not a problem at all.
Plus 2! Can't go wrong with that advice.

Reactions: kjc55
Thank you all... I think It is pretty clear what i should do 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky