TP20 vs Inkbird IRF-4S

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I ended up ordering the Inkbird IRF-4S without the Bluetooth. Thanks for all the information, will report back with my impressions of it.

Congratulations.
I think you'll like it.
Mine has been rock solid.
You also can't beat the range on the RF version versus the bluetooth version.

The one you purchased is Bluetooth type IBT-4XS, the outside range is 150 feet. Guess your house has some wall or mental roof barrier prevent the signal. The mre good one for you is IRF-4S, which has 1500 feet, no need to conenct with phone, transmitter and receiver type, rechageable battery and with magnet, with high and low alarm and timer. Also can be used in rainy days.

Great Thanks! Are there any deals on that one right now??

Great Thanks! Are there any deals on that one right now??

Hello friend,thx for your support.
Here is 20% discount for IRF-4S: 10% discount off code 3B9QRBOY PLUS 10% page coupon

Also, 20% discount off code 3ED43YZJ for IRF-4S thermometers' Storage Carrying Case.

Thank you.
Miya.

Used my new Inkbird today and it worked great! Also smoked my first Ribs today and they also turned out great!
20190616_172956.jpg
20190616_180026.jpg
20190616_183823.jpg

I ended up ordering the Inkbird IRF-4S without the Bluetooth. Thanks for all the information, will report back with my impressions of it.
have u used it yet and can u give a review, i'm also thinking of replaceing my igrill 2 with it because i dislike the bluetooth

Last edited:
have u used it yet and can u give a review, i'm also thinking of replaceing my igrill 2 with it because i dislike the bluetooth
I have that specific Inkbird, I can attest to the quality of this thermometer. It is very accurate ( ice & boil test) and is very easy to set. Has a timer on it also which is very handy when wanting to elevate temps. Is rechargeable and lasts a long time on a single charge.
The Maverick and TP 20 have taken a back seat. Still both quality units but Inkbird is the one pulled out most often.

Reactions: Inkbirdbbq
I have that specific Inkbird, I can attest to the quality of this thermometer. It is very accurate ( ice & boil test) and is very easy to set. Has a timer on it also which is very handy when wanting to elevate temps. Is rechargeable and lasts a long time on a single charge.
The Maverick and TP 20 have taken a back seat. Still both quality units but Inkbird is the one pulled out most often.
thx i'm going to wait and see if they go on sale but its the one i like..

FWIW, the ThermoPro CS rep did indicate that the TP20 available on Amazon is the new version.
I was all set to order one of these on Amazon.ca
  • ASIN: B01J173EAA
But this confusion made me hold off until I know for sure. In the questions section it reads:

Question:
Can you set a low temperature alarm (for example when smoking a piece of meat, to detect if the grill is going to lower than desired temperatures)
Answer:
No you cannot. Please look at the TP08 model if you would like this functionality.​
i-Tronics
Seller · July 10, 2018​
So is this one the new updated TP-20 with hi&low BBQ alerts or not?

The Inkbird IRF-2SA is a similar price range and from what see in the manual it does have high-low alerts. Anyone been able to compare this with the TP-20 yet?

Last edited:
The seller on Amazon.ca for the TP-20 is iTronics. Their site had a link to the manual:
https://buythermopro.com/wp-content...20-new-probes-instruction-manual-20180514.pdf

on page 7 "How to Monitor BBQ/Oven Temperature"
it shows "Press the TASTE button to switch to the LO BBQ setting".

So I've ordered a TP-20 on Amazon.ca under the assumption it will be able to do what it shows in the manual. (I'll return it for refund if it can't). With the promotion code the all in grand total came in under $50.

It is a good unit. My preference was to have a 4 probe unit that you can monitor temp of smoker and at different rack levels also. I have done numerous racks of for ex. chicken thighs. You can stick a thigh on each rack to see if rack need to be rotated as the ones closer to element get done sooner.

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
My TP-20 is the older version without the hi-lo alarm. From what I understand the TP-20 has been updated for hi-lo alarm settings. I like the TP-20, but I don't use it for smoking anymore.

With the Inkbird IRF-4s, setting the hi-lo alarm for monitoring the smoker temp is straight forward. And since it is a 4 probe rig, that leaves 3 probes to use for monitoring internal temps on multiple items during smoking or as stated by Winterrider if you need to rotate racks.

IMHO, the Inkbird is the better therm/probe set up.

i have a igrill 2 that really worked pretty good , except for the
blue tooth range, 4 probs i think is good, i just got the IRF-4S
the range and accuracy is right on, i hated the phone apps allways
updating then your device becomes inop, for instance i had a tablet that worked
great with the igrill ( which i think still did a decend job ) then the new up dates made my tablet useless,
, just the blue tooth was a issue with me with the range ,
anyways just my thoughts

Reactions: Inkbirdbbq
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky