• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

TP20 vs Inkbird IRF-4S

dime

Joined Oct 12, 2019
I'm happy to say the unit I ordered from Amazon.ca arrived. The version marked on the box is TP-20S and the manual is dated 20190508 EN/FR.
It does have the BBQ function to monitor the high and low settings.
I'm looking forward to running my first cook with it!

jjlnyc

Fire Starter
Joined Nov 23, 2015
Yeah , I can see that they add software to make it read high / low . Have to toggle between meat probe and chamber temp .
My opinion , if you're trying to track the chamber temp on a MES , you're just causing your self aggravation .
I have an analog MES 30" electric. Are you referring to the fact that an analog is ridiculously hard to set temp accurately? Or something else...?

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
I have an analog MES 30" electric. Are you referring to the fact that an analog is ridiculously hard to set temp accurately? Or something else...?
I don't have an analog , I have a MES 30 , but yes temp swings with a stock controller is what I was talking about .

jjlnyc

Fire Starter
Joined Nov 23, 2015
I don't have an analog , I have a MES 30 , but yes temp swings with a stock controller is what I was talking about .
I can't really think of ANY method that is not subject to temp swings at some point :emoji_smile:

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.