Tossing 3 Bags Shrimp

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
So yesterday morning something was stinking so I threw the trash out. Came home from river and Oh man did it reek! There where 3 new bags of shrimp on top of freezer. Man I almost cried! Whats bad is this not the first time I have done this but I have gotten into the habit of looking up there before I put the latch on. Guess its time to make a sign to check on front of door! Maybe I should of saved for catfishing.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
I did the same thing right before leaving for a weeks vacation during a heat wave, only it was a bag of frozen ducks. The smell was enough to gag a maggot, wife about puked when we opened the garage door.

oh man...not only the smell but knowing the lost money and the meals you had to throw out.

Jim

Be glad it was a few bags. My kid left my 10cu' deep freezer open over night for 12hrs+ that was stocked full of food. Everything went into the bin. At least 1k in food. And the rest of a brisket I made 2 days prior. Now there's a lock on it and he is NOT allowed to go in there. All for 3 Popsicles. That was my 4th of July morning.

Sorry about that Brian. Yup, the kid still living at home left the garage freezer open once. 9 pounds of jumbo king crab, 5 pounds trout fillets, 10 pound of gyros. And other stuff. Didn't get to the stinky stage. But it was garbage. Now I have alarms on both freezers. And HE STILL screwed up on the house freezer. Luckily the alarm notified me. Nothing lost that time.

Did the same thing Brian!
Took a butt out of the freezer around 5:00 PM & of course set it on top of the freezer that is sitting outside on my screened in patio. 90+ degrees and didn’t find it until the next day. Needless to say I was really pissed at myself. I feel your pain!
Al

Reactions: indaswamp
Tell us more about this Steve....are these aftermarket or factory install into the freezer?
The last ones I got in really like. I will look up when get home. I have on 3 freezers and 2 in fridges. Wake me up in bedroom they do loud but not wifi

Tell us more about this Steve....are these aftermarket or factory install into the freezer?
Aftermarket.
It has two transmitters. One for the freezer. And one for the fridge. I use one for the inside freezer. And the second transmitter for the garage freezer. They work good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky