Top Sirloin on a Weber Deluxe...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chef jimmyj

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 12, 2011
I've not posted in awhile because my MES died and I had no backup. I recently came across a great deal on a Weber Deluxe, with a full cart and Charcoal Lighter. I have been watching the posts on Piedmontese Beef you guys have been putting out. I thought I would try some and got my hands on a Top Sirloin Roast. 2 days out, I coated the Beef with 1T Coarse Salt, then bagged and tagged for a 24 hour rest. Next day, yesterday, the Beef got a light coat of Montreal Steak Seasoning. Below are some pics of the new adventure...

The Weber Deluxe in Crimson with SIL...

20200728_170516.jpg

I placed an AMNPS with one row of Pitmasters and Cold Smoked for 30 minutes at 80°F ,ambient temp...

20200728_170103.jpg

Next I split a half Chimney of lit Kingsford Original between the two charcoal trays, on each side of the meat...

Oops...Forgot to take that pic so here is a shot of my new Girl...

received_708856503008428.jpeg

I cooked the meat, indirect heat, at 360°F for about an hour, until the IT hit 110°F.
Here is where I Dropped the Ball!
I should have Rested the 110 meat 20-30 minutes before the Sear. A couple Beers into the cook and well, I forgot...I went right over the coals ad the temp shot up to 125. I pulled the meat to rest. The IT KEPT RISING!!!! The IT finally stopped at 140°F. Here is the Roast...

20200728_185638.jpg

Sliced...Medium, ok but not my intent...

20200728_193822.jpg

MY PLATE...

20200728_194155.jpg

Sides are Baked Potato, Garlic and Thyme Sauteed Mushrooms and Garden Fresh Brown Butter Green Beans.
In spite of over cooking by 10°F, the Piedmontese Top Sirloin was DELICIOUS! Juicy and Fork Tender with a rich Beefy Flavor. Definitely worth getting your hands on some. Thanks Robert, tx smoker tx smoker for turning me on to this Breed of Beef...JJ

Looks great JJ! The whole plate looks tasty too. I'd take that in a quick minute. Congrats on the new Grill.
Thanks for sharing.

Mike

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Looks awesome JJ!! Congrats on that new grill. Those side look great too. I’d love the thyme spiced shrooms and the brown butter green beans. That’s a nice kitty too!

Thanks All...Thanks for the Feature!
I have to share a Secret with you guys that I use to set my Mushrooms apart. Guests will beg for your recipe. Crazy simple too...
For 1 to 1.5 Pounds Mushrooms, melt 1 Stk Butter over med heat. When the butter melts half way, Add 1Tbs of Minced Fresh Garlic and 2tsp Minced Fresh Thyme. Cook a minute or two until Garlic softens. Add Mushrooms and crank heat to high. Saute until the water comes out and just begins to evaporate. You will start to see the Butter separate out.
Add 1tsp Black Pepper and the Secret Ingredient...ONE envelope of Washington's Rich Brown Seasoning! This stuff is Magic on Mushrooms, mixed in Burgers or in Brown Gravy. It's a Veg Based Seasoning that just dials the Flavor way up! It is SALTY so go slow adding additional Envelopes or Salt. There is also, Washington's Rich Golden Seasoning for lighter colored meats and sauces...JJ

That all looks great! One fine looking plate! And a nice new smoker. That new little girl you have is sweet...but the look in her eyes...you're gonna have fun!

Ryan

Everything looks real darned good from where I'm sittin' Chef Jimmy, Big like! Congratulations on a well deserved carousel ride, been awhile, I'm sure there will many more to follow. RAY

That looks like an awesome meal and probably tasted even better. That Weber looks about like new great find

Nice cook , and great looking plate . I've been hacking on beef knuckle for the last couple weeks .
Had one go to 140 . Still very good .
Awesome grill . Show that thing off !

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky