Top round roast on the WSM

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hambone1950

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jul 23, 2012
Metrowest Boston , ma.
How about that sliced potato? How'd that do? Was it there for the whole ride as well, I don't see it on your plate! ha.

Ha! , yeah , that was a "fail" ....didn't get cooked thru. That item needs 400 degrees , I think...maybe 375. Gotta do a little reading. The macaroni salad was good , tho ! :grilling_smilie:

Ha! , yeah , that was a "fail" ....didn't get cooked thru. That item needs 400 degrees , I think...maybe 375. Gotta do a little reading. The macaroni salad was good , tho !
grilling_smilie.gif
Hey I do those sometimes. And yes 425º-450º Drizzle really good with olive oil and give a good dose of salt and pepper then onto the hot grill. Somewhere I have the ones that I posted, But I am not sure where the heck that post is!

Hey I do those sometimes. And yes 425º-450º Drizzle really good with olive oil and give a good dose of salt and pepper then onto the hot grill. Somewhere I have the ones that I posted, But I am not sure where the heck that post is!

I've seen them done a lot , I guess I just didn't pay attention to the details...I really like the look of these. Can't wait to do one correctly!:grilling_smilie:

I know that Tom suggest a 450º oven for his taters and that's the recipe that I follow for the sliced taters too.  I do mine on the gas grill. The sliced makes a neat presentation, but I usually just do them whole. Wish I could find the post, I think I did them with a spatchcocked chicken.  I did find the photos on my Flickr account!

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/141582/crispy-skin-baked-potato

I know that Tom suggest a 450º oven for his taters and that's the recipe that I follow for the sliced taters too.  I do mine on the gas grill. The sliced makes a neat presentation, but I usually just do them whole. Wish I could find the post, I think I did them with a spatchcocked chicken.  I did find the photos on my Flickr account!

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/141582/crispy-skin-baked-potato

1/id/267235/width/500/height/1000/flags/LL" style="; width: 500px; height: 667px">
[/URL]
Those look great!

Nice roast Hambone.  Tell me: was it tender enough for you?  I see these in the grocery and have only used them for jerky.  Should I try them?

Sorry , I missed this. Oh , absolutely tender . Wonderful. It was terrific the first night and I made a sandwich from the leftovers sliced nice and thin on a bagel with a slice of American cheese and some horseradish mustard. Toasted it on my redneck panini press (the George Foreman grill ) and it was sublime.
Yes , by all means try one . I don't think you'll. regret it. :grilling_smilie:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky