Tomato harvest

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
A tasty crop for sure! Don't think ours are in full swing yet. Never even used to like tomatoes, but that has changed...now some of the cherry maters don't even make it to the house

Ryan

Wow Jeff, that is very impressive...and I am very jealous. We just cannot grow veggies here unfortunately without having them surrounded by Fort Knox. With all the wildlife we have nothing stands a chance. Every time something starts to grow the critters get to it long before we can. I'm considering building a huge green house this Winter just to grow veggies.

Robert

Outstanding.
With all the wildlife we have nothing stands a chance. Every time something starts to grow the critters get to it long before we can. ...
I have 2' of chicken wire to hinder the rabbits (got a population explosion), and 1-3 strands of electric fence to slow the squirrels and stop the deer. Raccoon sow got hit on the highway a couple years ago so no new generations to fight.
BTW, I live in town!

I have grown many varieties of conventional hybrid, and heirloom tomatoes over the past 30 years.
We determined Roma and grape is our staple. I like Roma for fresh eating including that cherished first BLT of the season and for canning. Wife likes grape for fresh eating and salads.

Garden is weeks late this year (due to my work schedule). Grape just coming in and the Roma are probably another 7-10 days away.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky