Tomahawk with a test rub

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I tried talking the wife into one for today, but she despises pastrami for some reason.
Get yourself an eye round and use that to make your own . Comes out great . Al has a link to eye round pastrami in his sig .

Reactions: wbf610
So what was the actual rub used?

I’m not 100% sure. It is a test formula provided to me by Pitfaced BBQ. All i know is it’s a savory mix, and he's trying
to get it ready for production.

bvbull200 bvbull200 care to chime in?

Sure thing!

schlotz schlotz - We make a sweeter rub currently that we've been selling for a little over a year. I'm finally getting around to working out the specifics on a savory rub. wbf610 wbf610 got the nod to help test it out for me ;).

Because it's still in development, there isn't an actual rub to even point you towards at the moment, but I'm working really hard to get it there!

It is a pepper forward savory rub. It basically starts as SPOG, then kicks the pepper up a tad and adds some other flavorful spices (chile powder, celery powder, etc.). I'm still tinkering with ratios and types of spices (i.e. different chile powder blends), but it's coming along well! I'll let you know if it starts gaining any traction towards production :).

I'll tell you, having someone like wbf610 wbf610 put it through its paces is a massive help! The guy can cook!

Reactions: wbf610
Sure thing!

schlotz schlotz - We make a sweeter rub currently that we've been selling for a little over a year. I'm finally getting around to working out the specifics on a savory rub. wbf610 wbf610 got the nod to help test it out for me ;).

Because it's still in development, there isn't an actual rub to even point you towards at the moment, but I'm working really hard to get it there!

It is a pepper forward savory rub. It basically starts as SPOG, then kicks the pepper up a tad and adds some other flavorful spices (chile powder, celery powder, etc.). I'm still tinkering with ratios and types of spices (i.e. different chile powder blends), but it's coming along well! I'll let you know if it starts gaining any traction towards production :).

I'll tell you, having someone like wbf610 wbf610 put it through its paces is a massive help! The guy can cook!
:emoji_blush:

Thanks for the kind words sir.

Reactions: bvbull200
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky