Todays smoke....bacon.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fpnmf

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 19, 2010
Fl
I have been busy this week smoking.

The house and back porch smell great from the sausage and now the bacon.

Followed BCs bacon recipe.

This is the biggest load yet. 14.6 pounds.

More pictures when complete!

Have a great day!

9aaa526e_bacon003.jpg

Two slabs with lots of extra pepper for the Woman.

Reactions: meateater
Looks good looking forward to more Qview

You are going to love that bacon for sure. I dont know why everyone doesnt make it. A little TQ and about 10 -14 days depending on the size and you have bacon even if you dont smoke it. 
icon14.gif

7 hours of hickory and now off to the fridge to wait on the slicer.

Got to take the skin off first.

02363821_003.jpg

Reactions: meateater
Gonna be some good eating around your place it looks great
beercheer.gif

Must be something wrong with my iMac !!!

I swear I can smell that Bacon just by looking at the picture!

Maybe I'm finally losing it !?!?

Looks mighty tasty,

Bear

Thanks fellas!

I am having a great time!

I so have to find a place to get pork belly and smoke me some bacon.  That looks so good
Do you have a Carneceria (Mexican Meat Market) near you? That is where I found them and they stock them all the time

I so have to find a place to get pork belly and smoke me some bacon.  That looks so good
Do you have a Carneceria (Mexican Meat Market) near you? That is where I found them and they stock them all the time

That is some nice looking bacon Scarbelly. I need to check out the Mexican Meat Markets in my area and make some for myself. Looks like you got some nice pieces there, good mix of fat and meat. 
points.gif

Ok I think I have enough bacon and sausage for a few weeks.

Better stock up tho. Get ready for the next round.

e9470087_001.jpg

icon_cool.gif

Thats some fine looking bacon you have there. Now that freezer sure looks half empty or is it half full. You better do something about that. You can make more bacon and then some more sausage too.

I have to get some sort of racking device or a box to keep these vacum packs in.

They want to slide out every time I open the door.

For someone who went to all the work to post a QVIEW, yours was horribly deficient.  You did not give us your address so we could help you with testing for quality control!

Good luck and good smoking!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky