To much Butt !!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

roller

Smoking Guru
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Mar 10, 2010
N.E. Louisiana
Starting to get to much Butt in my freezer so decided to use some of it to make me some Pork Butt Link Sausage..I liked the seasoning I used on my Alligator Sausage so much that I decided to use it for the Pork links. Total weight of the finished ground pork was 18lbs. I used TQ instead of #1 and stuffed it into Hog casings with links being mostly around 6 in. Some a little more some less. I am not picky they all eat...I did the usual sausage smoke starting out very low and getting up to 170*  until the IT was 150* and that took about 11 hrs.. Hope you enjoy the show...And thanks for looking..

Butt cut up.

Starting the grind. Med plate

All ground up.

The dry spices

The slurry

Before the marrage.

Fry test....Passed

Start

All stuffed up.

Into the smoker with Hickory pellets.

Getting close and looking right.

All done

All cooled down..

Money shot...

Those sure look good! Nice fatty butts too.

cheers.gif

thumb1.gif
 Job well done Roller! They look great!

I need to get my rear-end in gear and make some more sausage myself....it's been awhile.

Sausage looks delicious Roller.. I'll have to give that a try...................
icon14.gif

Thanks everyone I appreciate your kind words..They are fun to do...That is definitely a keeper recipe for me..Go to my Alligator thread for the recipe..

Too much butt?

Had me worried there.  Thought you were going on a diet?

From the looks of that sausage, you won't be dieting any time soon.

Good job!

Good luck and good smoking.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky