• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

TJ BB

BB-que

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 8, 2016
Anybody have any experience with Trader Joe’s BB ribs? Getting more and more difficult to find BB without a bunch of loin meat.

Hamdrew

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jan 17, 2021
Can't answer your question, just add that I buy 95% of my BB's from Aldi's if one is near you

BB-que

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 8, 2016
Can't answer your question, just add that I buy 95% of my BB's from Aldi's if one is near you
I do - after I do these I’ll have to give them a try. Any other meat products you like from there?

BrianGSDTexoma

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
Aldi is a great store. They owned by the same people of Trader Joe's. Veg's are really cheap. I like their beef taco meat.

Hamdrew

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jan 17, 2021
I do - after I do these I’ll have to give them a try. Any other meat products you like from there?
Their spares- Tyson but only $1.89(!), I can always find a really streaky rack.

Also, I'd assume them to be pretty localized, but I've gotten some of the best pork (shoulder) steaks in my life from there.
porkbutter.jpg

a35.jpg

If this is any indication of their pork butts, I'd pay quite a premium for this marbling.

bhambrewer

Smoke Blower
Joined Jul 16, 2020
if you have a restaurant supply store that's open to the public near you, check them out. Jetro Restaurant Depot is the one I go to. The most ridiculously meaty spare ribs at usually around $2/lb as well as all the usual other meats you might want.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Wow I have an Aldi’s about 1 mile from my house & have never been in there. I guess it’s time I checked them out!
Al

clifish

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 25, 2019
Wow I have an Aldi’s about 1 mile from my house & have never been in there. I guess it’s time I checked them out!
Al
Al, aldi is an incredable bargain on almost everything. Eggs here in NY are $.58 a dozen. Cheap cheeses etc..

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.