tips for using a brinkman trailmaster

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

andy seaver

Original poster
Aug 31, 2008
I just scored a sweet smoke pit from a neighbor. He gave me, for free, a Brinkman Trailmaster smoker.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
Its not an offset like I had originally wanted but I definately wouldnt turn my nose up to it. Just curious if anyone has any tips for using this particular grill. I plan on using it for the first time tomorrow. It only seems right to have the gentleman over for dinner. thanks in advance for any replies.

andy seaver
Being unfamiliar with that smoker I had to Google it, that appears to be a very nice smoker ecspecially for the price. I also noticed 1/4" steel construction with a 75 year limited warranty; must be one solid machine? Congradulations on getting a new member to the family !!!

yeah its heavy alright. I liked to died trying to drag it from two houses down. Left it in my garage and waited two days before dragging it around back to the patio. here's what it looks like. not too bad for free. hopefully it will be full of q this aftenoon!
855-6300-0-L.jpg

sunday afternoon I did some pork steaks, country style ribs, hand-stuffed brats, and a fatty. It all turned out really good. The neighbor liked it and said he would be up every time he smelled smoke! lol.

That is actually kind of what I had in mind. I hate to do anything to such a nice grill but then it would be what i really wanted. I have actually started building an offset and I may continue with it. I just need to convince the treasury dept. to release the funds to finish buying steel. I already have the major part, the 16" pipe, and a bunch of 2" pipe for a sturdy frame. What I need still are the odds and ends. It seems like they nickel and dime you to death.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky